1940s D-DAY ENTERTAINER
Fiona Harrison is an extraordinary entertainer who specialises in music from the 1880s to the 1960s. A popular singer on the 1940s scene Fiona has dedicated much of her professional career to performing the music of the 1940s touring extensively in theatre, cabaret and headlining at heritage events in the UK and Northern Europe.
To view Fiona on stage in Arromanches click on to her show reel below.
A Regular visitor to France Fiona has been performing at D-Day events since 2004 offering a unique range of shows which she performs in beautiful costumes and authentic uniforms of the period.
Renowned for her excellent voice, superb musical arrangements and stunning showmanship Fiona never fails to amaze and delight as she cleverly mixes Big Band and Swing with sing-along and the glamour of Hollywood. All of Fiona’s music is custom made enabling her to work anywhere in the world.
Fiona travels with her own sound system and sound engineer and has the capability to sound areas up to 2000 people. Credits have included performances for veterans and dignitaries at 6th June Museum, Arromanches, Utah Beach Museum and The American Gold Beach Museum, Ver-sur- Mer to name but a few.
Dubbed by one theatre critic “A Voice in a Million” Fiona is an artist who prides herself on delivering top quality entertainment which is both varied and affordable. She has a clear sweet soprano voice and all her shows are exciting and well constructed invoking memories of the past. Fiona’s speciality is her close harmony work. She achieves this by recording the two harmony parts onto her backing track and then sings the melody line live in performance, making her act unique and unlike any other.
With an extensive repertoire of British, American and French Songs Fiona always leaves her audience cheering tailor making each show to suit the area and venue.
Combined with Fiona’s impeccable presentation and attention to detail, it’s possible to book “The Girl Next Door” aspect together with someone with the know how to bring the ambience and thrill of 1940s Hollywood to your event anywhere in the world!
To hear Fiona sing click onto the sound samples below
Shows and Event Combinations Available
- In the Mood – An Evening performance consisting of a straight through 60 – 90 minutes performed in a 1940s evening gown Rita Hayworth style as Fiona sings a mixture of French, American and British music with a strong Hollywood flavour
- Day Time Event Attraction – Designed to enhance encampments and Military Vehicle displays, Fiona offers a choice of 3 × 45 minute non repetitive shows daily with costume changes and appropriate music to suit.
- In the Field – 6 x 20 – 30 minute shows performed daily in one costume. This can be in British Army ATS, American WAC, US WAVES Uniform or Civilian Glamour Rita Hayworth style.
- Weekend Package – 3 x 45 minute no repetitive shows performed daily plus a Saturday night dance consisting of a single straight through 60 minute set or a choice of 2 x 45 minute half’s. Both Sing along, Lindy Hop and Social dance music can be provided and catered for.
- Cafés and Art Galleries – Gentle background music from the 1930s & 40s sung 20 minutes on 20 minutes off all through the day. Where this differs from the other shows the music performed is less strident and designed to attract a steady flow of customers and visitors enhancing trade.
Fiona is completely self contained and will tailor-make a show to suit the clientèle and environment. She also covers a variety of other historical periods including Victorian/Edwardian Music Hall, WW1, The Roaring 20s & 30s, The Swinging 50s and 60s, Rock and Roll & USO Vietnam style dances.
Book Fiona for your event and she will add you to her map of places played
To read newspaper articles click on each picture.
Photos shot on location by
Martyn Rice – Arromanches
Jakob Totrup – Utah Beech Museum
Alexis Lahaye – Ste Marie du Mont & Utah Beach
Lewis Brockway and Colin Aldous